Alex Turner from Arctic Monkeys has been named the coolest man on the planet in NME's yearly Cool List.
The charismatic leader has knocked Babyshambles' Pete Doherty off the top spot. Doherty has fallen to sixth place, while his ex-Libertines partner Carl Barat, who shared the Number One place with the troubled singer in 2004, has fallen to Number Nine.
NME Deputy Editor Alex Needham said: "Featuring both elder statesmen and thrusting young turks, the NME Cool List is the one every musician wants to be on. Last year Pete Doherty and Carl Barat were joint Number One and 2005's list looks set to stir up even more controversy."
For the full list see this week's issue of NME, which also contains a free CD featuring many of the bands featured. The list below is what is reportedly the 'Cool List' but don't take my word for it.
- (New) Alex Turner (Arctic Monkeys)
- (New) Liam Gallagher (Oasis)
- (New) Kanye West
- (New) Antony (Antony and the Johnsons)
- (9) Brandon Flowers (The Killers)
- (17) Devendra Banhart
- (1) Pete Doherty (Babyshambles)
- (New) Jemima Pearl (Be Your Own Pet)
- (New) Bob Dylan
- (1) Carl Barat (The Libertines)
- (New) Ian Brown
- (New) Damon Albarn
- (New) Ryan Jarman (The Cribs)
- (New) Julian Casablancas (The Strokes)
- (New) Ninja (Go! Team)
- (New) Paul Epworth
- (New) Billie Joe Armstrong (Green Day)
- (New) Tom Atkin (The Paddingtons)
- (New) Henry Harrison (The Mystery Jets)
- (New) Gerard Way (My Chemical Romance)